To our wonderful patients and their families,
We miss your children and their smiling faces! We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health during these difficult times. Our team empathizes with both you and your children throughout this unprecedented pandemic, especially since many of our staff have children themselves. Several children have had to adapt to online classes, have drive-by birthday parties and altered homecomings or graduations. Like your family, our team has faced many challenges, but we have taken this time to grow as a team and are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines.
As of June 1, 2020, our office is open for all procedures. We are encouraging families to only have one adult accompany their child to their appointment. We understand this will not work for everyone, so if another child or adult must come inside the building please let us know and we will try our best to accommodate you (we do have private rooms available upon request).
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. We have trained our staff to follow the recommendations made by the American Dental Association® (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agency’s recommendations. We have implemented some changes outlined below that you will see when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
- When you arrive at your appointment, there will be a sign in our parking lot advising you to call and check-in. We will then review your medical history and ask a few screening questions over the phone. Please remain in your car until our office has confirmed that your dental chair is ready.
- Upon entering the building, an assistant will greet you at the door, check your child’s temperature, provide hand sanitizer, and take you directly to your chair. If you do not have a mask, we will provide one for everyone entering the building.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer books, children’s toys, iPads, or the surf shack to play on.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients and longer appointment times to allow for proper cleaning and sanitizing between patients. This might mean that there are fewer options for scheduling your appointment, but please understand that this is the best way to keep our staff and patients safe. We will do our best to try to find an appointment that works for you.
- We have installed four Vollara Air and Surface Pro compact air purifiers which safely eliminate nearly 100% of airborne and surface bacteria, viruses, mold, fungus, and VOCs.
As we are limiting the number of patients we are scheduling daily, our appointments are booking up quickly. If you know that your child is due for an appointment, please call us to schedule.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you and your children safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 843-815-5437, email us, or schedule with us on our website.
Thank you again for your support of our small, private practice. We value your trust and strive to continue delivering the absolute best care that you have grown accustomed to! Have a blessed day and we will see you soon!
Dr. Shane Harpham and the entire team at Sea Smiles Pediatric Dentistry